Your Home Office
In a constantly and rapidly changing business environment, the work place needs to change and evolve to support how work happens and how workers behave. The modern workplace needs to keep pace with what workers need. You don’t have to go to work, to work, mobile technology has changed that.
The number of people working from home has risen to its highest level since records began, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
Designing an effective home office differs from designing a commercial office and there are very specific considerations you need to keep in mind even before you get started?
Your home office has to be a place where you can be productive and feel good when you come into it, so whether your transforming a spare room or utilising unwanted space under the stairs, we can help you design and plan it whilst never forgetting it’s your home and the place you switch off and relax after work!!
By asking these questions we can begin to plan your home office :
- What will you be doing in the space?
- What type of work needs to be done?
- Will external clients be visiting the space?
- Will colleagues visit for collaborative work?
- What type of materials will be referenced and/or stored?
- What type of equipment is required?
- When will I be doing the bulk of my work?